Game Dates for Homer's Reading Program
- July 26
- July 27
- August 8
- August 23
Miss Elizabeth will be at the August 8 game. If you can go with her, she will coordinate the tickets (if you are going some other time she might be able to do the tickets). Call the library if you have any questions
Here are some videos which might help you
Hold Your Hook
Tension Your Yarn
Summer Reading programs start Wednesday June 4 @ 2pm
New this summer, try our online registration and reporting. The retro paper method will also be available.
We are testing the online tool this year. Please sign-up in only one location - ONLINE or at Henry Public Library. Points can be reported either way (just not for the same books). The online tool is set up for minutes, but Miss Elizabeth will be counting that number as points so remember if you read to an adult to enter "double" time.
If you are participating online, please remember to record points online - for this program MINUTES=POINTS so use our formulas when entering 'minutes'
How you earn points:
- 1 pt Every minute you read OR 1 pt for every 2 pages read (ex Holes 233 pages = 116 pts)
- 1 pt Every minute that someone reads to you (even if you know how to read)
- 2 pts Every minute you read to an adult
- 10 pts For answering the question of the week (show your proof)
- 10 pts For travel reports - bring a brochure back from a park, museum, or other activity (written or oral)
- 10 pts For each library program
- 50 pts For each book review (written or oral)
What color should Miss Elizabeth's hair be?*
Voting Has Ended
*Remember that the color will be over brown hair (I am not willing to bleach my hair for this)
If there is a tie, Miss Elizabeth gets to pick.
Preschool Storytime on Saturdays
Preschool Storytime aimed for ages 3-5 (or anyone who enjoys picture books) is held on Saturday mornings at 10:30 a.m. Any questions, call the library at 364-2516.